Friday, June 6, 2014

Farm to Table with Chase's Daily


Meet Your Farmer

Hello, Everyone! Growing my own food has become a prominent goal for me as I continue to learn and hear about the vastly degraded quality of food in the USA, due to the way it is produced, handled, modified and otherwise altered from the form, content and quality Creator created it to be. Consequently, I like to learn from people that are already succeeding as farmers. My maternal and paternal grandparents farmed, however they aren't alive for me to learn from anymore. So, now, I am learning via other farmers' websites, blogs, videos, other media and content. The video, below, is one I discovered on Thursday, of this week. This video, about the Chase Farm, is one of eight in the Meet Your Farmer
series. The Meet Your Farmer films were conceived by Maine Farmland Trust as a tool to illustrate the vibrancy of farming in Maine (USA). The films were shot and edited, over the Fall and Winter of 2009 and 2010, by filmmakers Cecily Pingree and Jason Mann, of Pull-Start Pictures. Lindsay Mann, Josh Povec, and Joe Nelson provided the additional shooting, editing, music and sound.


The Chase family, as you'll learn in the video presentation, turned their farm's yields into a deliciously profitable and healthy enterprise; I love that. Also, I appreciate how they work together, value their assistants/staff and strive to provide food grown, handled, and un-modified, the way Creator intended, so that the food nourishes and heals a body, rather than diminish and harm a body.


I am looking forward to the day my acres yield a bountiful harvest of what I've planted. In the meantime, I'll learn all I can in preparation for those days of planting and harvesting! I hope you all enjoy the video and the information therein!



Meet Your Farmer - Chase Farm from Pull-Start Pictures on Vimeo.
One of 8 short films about Maine farmers, created by Maine Farmland Trust and Pull-Start Pictures. www.meetyourfarmer.org
www.mainefarmlandtrust.org
Thank-you for visiting! Enjoy this blog!


Share

  © 2009-2015 Nature’s Hair Care and Body Care | Blogger Templates Psi by OurBlogTemplates.com   © 2008-2013 | Privacy Policy | Knowing Christ Jesus

EDIT Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...