Friday, June 19, 2009

Shea Butter


Shea Butter

Good day, Everyone. I've been using shea butter for several years, now, as an ingredient of a hair creme I created for my own hair. I love the way shea butter feels on my hands as I apply it to my hair. And I love the conditioning impact shea butter has on my hair. You may want to add shea butter to your hair care routine, too, if you haven't done so already. So, here's more information about shea butter, below.


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

"Shea butter or Shea nut butter is a slightly yellowish or ivory-colored natural fat extracted from fruit of the shea tree by crushing and boiling. Shea butter is widely used in cosmetics as a moisturizer and an emollient. Shea butter is also edible. It is used as a cooking oil in West Africa, as well as sometimes being used in the chocolate industry as a substitute for cocoa butter.

The shea or karite tree, formerly Butyrospermum paradoxum, is now called Vitellaria paradoxa. It produces its first fruit (which resemble large plums) when it is about 20 years old and reaches its full production when the tree is about 45 years old. It produces nuts for up to 200 years after reaching maturity."

Read more about Shea Butter at Wikipedia. Also, gain more details at The Organic Shea Butter Company's beautiful, informative website and check out their Therapeutic-Grade, Certified Organic Shea Butter .

Note: Butterfly image courtesy of PD Photo.org


Share

  © 2009-2015 Nature’s Hair Care and Body Care | Blogger Templates Psi by OurBlogTemplates.com   © 2008-2013 | Privacy Policy | Knowing Christ Jesus

EDIT Back to TOP  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...